<VV> Smitty Smitty Smitty...

Mark Chapman chapmanmd@charter.net
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 11:04:48 -0600

Smitty Said...
"OK once again I have put my foot in my mouth.  I should
double check everything I say on here but I am lazy I guess.  Relying on a brittle old crusty memory.
I gave the stroke number for the fuel pump at .037 and it should have been .137  A little over a tenth of an inch.  That number was arrived at by placing three different cranks in a block and measuring the pushrod movement.  That is not to say that there was no wear on their cams or that they were representative of all other cams. That doesn't
change a thing in my belief that the potential for damage is there, when stroking a pump by hand."

I think that you're getting a little "racy" here talking about not being able to measure over a tenth of an inch while stroking by hand...  We have ladies present!!!

lol

Mark Chapman
BBRT Wannabe