<VV> re:More convertibles??

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Tue, 09 Nov 2004 14:39:52 -0800

At 10:12 hours 11/08/2004 -0600, Stephen Upham wrote:
>Mark, your figures would indicate about 21% of production devoted to
>our beloved four doors.

That sounds about right...

Since you are right, sadly, about how the four doors were
>undervalued and unappreciated and therefore not restored or kept
>running,

Some years ago, some Vair authorities ventured comments suggesting that
those early 4-doors would likely be rare in the future because nobody was
bothering to save them.   There's merit to that comment.    I've seen
cretins strip NICE 4-door sedans to salvage its parts to refurbish a ratty
coupe or ragtop.   Blasphemers, IMHO.

>I would venture to guess that there are considerably fewer
>four doors as a percentage out there than any other model.

Not in my camp.   I personally (currently titled to me alone) own *one*
early model Vair and it's a 4-door.    It has a home with me for as long as
either of us last.    I don't have a late 4-door... but I'm kinda keeping
an eye out for a project.    Now, there are lates in the fleet, coupe and
ragtop etc but no 4-doors.

tony..