<VV> carb issues FOLLOW UP

slmizel@juno.com slmizel@juno.com
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 21:55:14 GMT

Well...Bob beat me to the punch...before I could even get a decent collection of responses from my first post, he solved it.  He found that the other three carbs didn't have the gaskets under them either...so he put those in.  He also pulled the distributor again and did some bench tests on it and found that the bushing was shot (he could even close the points by moving the shaft) so he put one of his junk distributors in (it wasn't as junky as mine) but there were still occassional backfires...he tested the wires (Sadly...they were new wires from one of the Vendors) and found that they were arcing because, as he said, "They're junk too."  He put in some wires from one of his project cars...The last message I got from him says it now runs like a "scalded cat" -- not sure exactly what that means, but it sure sounds fun!  Good bye group red!  :)

Steve Mizel, St. Louis
CORSA/Show-Me CC
'65 Corsa Vert 140/4 (like a scalded cat)