<VV> Resurrection reds

AeroNed@aol.com AeroNed@aol.com
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 23:40:11 EST

In a message dated 11/9/2004 4:11:54 PM Central Standard Time,
contactsmu@sbcglobal.net writes:

Is this something I likely did to myself by not paying close enough
attention on the drive home, pushing it too hard during the break-in,
or does this occasionally happen to the best of  rebuilds?

Stephen,

I truely feel your fustration and pain. My first engine rebuild did what
your's is doing, lead tainted oil, metal shavings, bad noises. Turned out that
the "rebuilt" rods were all undersized, except for one that was at the
minimum. It ate several bearings and the crank, it still hurts. The vendor  refunded
my money for the rods, and I resized next set myself. The "new-new"  engine is
running great now. Hope you'll be there soon!

Ned