<VV> Resurrection Blues

BobHelt@aol.com BobHelt@aol.com
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 01:20:10 EST

In a message dated 11/9/04 9:40:07 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
contactsmu@sbcglobal.net writes:

> I took my finger and tried to move the piston rods to see if there was
> any play.  #'s 1 and 2 are tight. #3 is toast.  This may be the "main"
> cause of the debris.  #'s 4,5, and 6 had movement that was only
> detectable by sound.  They will need to be replaced also I would
> gather; or should I just do ALL of them?

Stephan,
In my opinion, there is only ONE thing to do in your situation. That would be
a complete tear-down of the engine to check everything over, to find the
cause of the problem,  to wash out all of the metal particles that are deposited
throughout the engine, and to replace the worn parts (maybe the crank?).
Sorry, but that is what you must do.
Regards,
Bob Helt