<VV> FS: who needs a low-rust '61 lakewood 500 in Michigan?

AngryCorvair@aol.com AngryCorvair@aol.com
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:56:15 -0500

all --

my long-term storage fell through and i must sell the car i just bought.   it's a '61 lakewood 500 that came from colorado.   it's got a complete '64 drivetrain and rear suspension in it, was originally a 3-speed car but now has a 4-speed.  there's no gas tank in it, but my buddy test-drove it for me using a gas can and a hose to the fuel pump. the only rust that i know of (the car is still in transit, will be here this weekend, i've only seen it in photos), is in the driver's floor.   the body looks very straight except for the right front door has a big dent in it like someone kicked it in.   paint is ugly, interior is wasted, headliner supposed to be OK.   all glass looks good in photos, PO didn't say anything about windshield or any other glass being damaged AFAIK.

at this time it's a bill-of-sale only, PO bought from estate and did not have Colorado title for the car.

i bought the car to save it from the junkman, with the intent of storing until i finish grad school in 2007.   since my free storage fell through, and i'm unwilling to pay for storage, i'm letting it go.   i'm just trying to recoup what i've got into it at this point, which is $500 USD (purchase plus shipping from CO to MI).

it'll be in the Detroit area on saturday 13 nov, and will remain here until i sell it.

i have four .jpgs which i can send via email.

thanks,
patrick aka <AngryCorvair@AOL.com>