<VV> new teen driver

Kinzelman, Andy akinzelm@greatnortherncorp.com
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:40:24 -0600

My daughter went for her driver's license test last Friday.  We drove the 65 Monza about 150 miles (one way) to get a convenient appointment date.
During the safety inspection, the right rear turn signal failed to work.  I was standing off to the side (observing), so I mentioned that 'older cars are sometimes cantankerous' and asked if I could look at it.  A bit of wiggling & it started working, & the tester passed it.  My daughter passed her test easily.
She has been driving it to school.  Although it is a beater (albeit good running), she gets positive comments from her fellow students.
She also asked for some education so she can do some of the work on the car herself.
Life is good for this Corvair dude.
Andy K.