<VV> Re: '66 Engine

GYoungwolf@aol.com GYoungwolf@aol.com
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:49:47 EST

Art, Your carburetor problem is one of three things. In order of probability,
they are: a leaking float, stuck float, or loose/stuck inlet needle/seat. The
only way to tell will be to remove the top of the carb (you can do this on
the engine) and check. If the float "rattles" it's bad. If not, something is
sticking or loose. Clean or tighten and make sure the float assist spring is
installed properly to help keep the float in the up position. (Or you can send it
to me to fix for you :-). Your car probably won't start because the cylinders
on the side with the bad carb are full of fuel. Just remove a plug, turn it
over, and watch. Hope this helps.
The Carbmeister

 <<Also, since I'm here... any carb tips to help me get this beauty running?
I replaced the entire ignition today but she wont start.  The secondary carb
on the right bank fills up with gas while the other 3 carbs don't seem to be
doing anything.  I'm a bit intimidated by the 4
carb set up.  Thanks in advance!>>