<VV> Insurance / MPG

RKHenry robert.henry@earthlink.net
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 19:09:31 -0500

Yes, I found some comments on Hagerty in the archive. I wondered if there
were any more current comments. At one time I'd considered classic car
insurance but most of them seemed to restrict you to keeping it in a museum
or driving in parades. There didn't seem to be a category for driving
through the mountains admiring the fall colors or cruising along waving at
women.

Read again carefully though. That's 15 SMILES per mile, a different metric
than mpg. That also doesn't count waves and people stopping you to ask,
"What year is it?" even though I have a "1965" plate on the front.

In terms of fuel consumption, it usually does about 18-21 on a gallon of
unleaded premium 93 octane. That varies depending on whether it's around
town, rolling down the interstate, or haulin' ass through the mountains with
the turbocharger inflating it. These days, it's so inactive that I wonder if
the gas is being burned or simply evaporating out of the tank.

Robert Henry.