<VV> GWFBT&SM Fun

YENBAT@aol.com YENBAT@aol.com
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 00:39:23 EST

I was asked to speak at the banquet tonight since our chapter is  hosting the
Toss next year.

It's always good to be able to open with something light. Funny even.

I sat through dinner wondering what could I possible use that would fit the
bill.

I was handed two things that tuened out to be hilarious.

First, our dinner was BBQ chicken and ribs. I watch several people in the
immediate area around our table trying to exhibit good manners and eat their
ribs with a knife and fork...

WRONG!  Ribs should be picked up and gnawed off the bone in a  primal manner.
One individual, who shall remain nameless here, at our table who  had eaten
their ribs in such a
manner was surprised when opening their "wet wipe" to find it bone dry. My
first item.

Second; when I visited the rest room I was washing up when a son of one of
the other members walked our of a stall and asked me " have you ever dropped
your glasses in the tiolet? What more could I have hoped for.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. It has been a fun weekend so far and we
still have half a day of swapping to go.

Corvair parts all over the place and our club has taken home 3 first places
and one second.

We had firsts in Open Early, Closed Late, and first and secone in FCs. It
just doesn't get any
better.

I wish that everyone could have been here to enjoy the wonderful weather  and
the fun we have
all enjoyed.

Hope to see you next year for the 2005 GWFBT&SM "Still Alive in  '05."

See ya there.

Tim  Abney

Proud Member of
United  Steelworkers of America, Local 7600
Life Member McHenry County Illinois VietNow

Member American Legion Post #777 - San Bernardino, CA
Member  Society of the First Infantry Division (Big Red One)
KLIK - Lai Khe, RVN -  1967-68
Corsa Member
I.E.C.C.  President
1965 Corvair Monza Coupe - Valley Vairs Cover Car January 2003 - 2nd Edition
1964 Corvair Monza 4 Door - Back burner project
1961 Corvair Lakewood Wagon - Starting  restoration

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of steelworkers%20logo.jpg]