<VV> "Resurrection" now "Rebuild II"

Stephen Upham contactsmu@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 19:48:32 -0600

I sent this post today, but it failed to show on the latest post.  I
thought that I would resubmit it just in case it failed to be picked up.

It wasn't the main bearings that failed.  It was #3 which sent shards
throughout the oil system that chewed the other bearings up.  By the
way, now that I have my innards scattered all over the garage, what is
the best way to clean them of the particle debris that is left over
from the failure as I await word on the crank?

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas
Corvairium II

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza sedan 110 (now closer to 0)
Sierra Tan (originally, currently Copper) - Saddle, PG, A/C, original
AM/FM, clock, tint, oil bath air filter, vertical bumper guards, w/ 77K
(and indefinitely holding)
(Back in group red : ( )

Hey all,
Isn't there one different main bearing from the rest?? I think I read
that it
has a brown dot on the back of it. Could this be the problem that
caused the
new bearing to fail?? I think it has to go on a specific journal?? Can't
remember where I read this.......Mark Kinnan