<VV> RE: [fastvair] Mini convention time trial

Sadek Charles H DLVA SadekCH@NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:21:19 -0500

What is top speed on this track for Corvairs?

-----Original Message-----
From: flat6vair@insightbb.com [mailto:flat6vair@insightbb.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 2:11 PM
To: fastvair@yahoogroups.com
Cc: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: [fastvair] Mini convention time trial

Well....since Landers gave away the secret <grin>

the track eased the turn between the two main straights <actually turn 3
counting from the start line>  Landers dropped 2 seconds off his times once
he
re-learned that turn and maintained more speed through that turn.

Guessing the track time <for Corvairs> will be quicken by at least 2
seconds,
possibly more; initial guess is 75-76 seconds.  The entire Indy crew tends
run times faster than me - more then one of them will best the current
record
of 79.3.  Question will be "who will be the fastest"

for those unfamiliar -- track picture is at
http://www.jetkarting.net/iowa_international_raceway.htm.  a backward F .

re: 3rd gear -- Some of us <me> tend to be poor shifters and can actually
run
faster by not shifting.  If I could learn to smoothly shift from 3rd to 2nd,

under duress, twice, i may actually run faster.  chances are that I'll be 3
seconds slower :-(

tim mahler
PCCA
#3 goddwrench car
looking forward to some friendly competition

> << the course is faster than in 1999.   >>
> What makes it faster and 3rd gear all of the way around.???
>
> Warren

or selling a car.  FREE Quotes, 3600 Tours, Research,
Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kEZsdA/bwnGAA/YiGOAA/EHYslB/TM