<VV> Are Turbo Vairs worth having?

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane@it.BAESystems.com
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:38:06 -0500

Hi Rich.
I can ditto that!
Some like the rush of boost on the highway (me), others like to tinker
to wrangle more power over stock, some want a reliable OEM setup, some
like the fact that it's rarer than a NA 'vair.
	A turbo CAN be VERY reliable (I don't hesitate to take the 180
on the 6 hr round trip to RPI to pick up my son from school) On the
highway I get "around" 20 mpg, keeping up with traffic on the mass pike.

Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa CVT
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org] On Behalf Of SPYDER62@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 9:39 PM
To: edbaloo@verizon.net; virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Are Turbo Vairs worth having?

In a message dated 11/17/2004 6:27:43 PM Pacific Standard Time,
edbaloo@verizon.net writes:
I've been reading all of this stuff on turbos lately. Is a turbo vair a
decent daily driver type of car? Does the boost come on only at high
rpms? I understand the carbs are not very reliable. Just curious.
I drive a 65  180 every day and love it. It always starts even in the
cold mileage rots but the fun factor makes up for it. Have not touched
the carb in over 8 months which is more then I can say for my 140.
rich