<VV> Throttle linkage

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:37:18 EST

In a message dated 11/18/2004 12:51:53 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rbyers03@tampabay.rr.com writes:

My  problem is that the rod coming from the pedal does not come anywhere
near  being able to connect to the Holley.  The car that it came out of was
junked and I cannot see how it worked.
It appears as if some sort of  rod would have to be added to make this work,
but I would rather not do it  by trial and error.  With all the Corvair
carburetor mods over the  years, someone must have made some sort of kit to
make this work.   What have others done in similar circumstances?

Ron Byers
Largo,  FL

Well, Ron, many others over the years have cobbled up some of the strangest
linkage you have ever seen. I believe Clarks Corvair sells (or, at least,
sold)  a 4-barrel linkage bellcrank kit that bolts to the carb base and provides
another arm to the carb and location for a modified rod from the trans. Worth
checking out. -Seth