<VV> Re: She's Alive!...NOT Recap ELECTRIFIED

Geoffrey Albert Clarke Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 10:11:20 -0700

Not a war,  not a debate, but  simple basic trouble shooting IMHO.  One or
the other being better is not the issue.  Eliminate what is not working
until the bugs are worked out.   Had the problem on my 63.  Eccentric on
the crankshaft was worn out.  Went through several good mechanical pumps.
Actually, The eccentric showed proper amount of movement, but was damaged
in such a way it wore out push rods at the rate of about one a week.  Left
me stranded in middle of traffic a few times.  Put an electric on until
opportunity came up to further diagnose.   Usually try not to add to much
extra stuff like electric pumps.  To much extra stuff to have fail and
leave you scratching your head at a gas station in Payson AZ at midnight
<GGGG> Isnt that right Del?

-Geoff

--On Friday, November 19, 2004 8:44 AM -0800 Frog Princezz