<VV> Need Help -gen light staying on 67-110

EVERETT WILSON aircooled6@prodigy.net
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 10:29:48 -0800 (PST)

I just got back from lunch and shut off the 67.  The
engine stopped.  The a/c blower and radio didnt. The
GEN light stayed on also.  Tried restarting engine and
then shutting down again.  No dice.  Same symptoms.
Whacked the regulator a couple of times, no change.
Had several pilots stop by to look at the car, they
thought it was pretty cool. (I work at the Pilot
Training facility for our company)

No time to mess around, so disconnected the battery.

What is my project for this weekend likely to be?
Alternator (I have a 60 amp unit there)or Regulator, I
think its the original 47 amp unit on an A/C car.

Im thinking regulator.  Is there a generic
replacement?

Everett Wilson
North Richland Hills TX