<VV> 69 Corvair

Dennis & Debbie Pleau ddpleau@earthlink.net
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:54:22 -0600

Three of us from Pikes Peak Corvair Club, went to the town of Victor, CO to
look at a bunch of Corvairs the owner was going to haul to the crusher.  By
western standards most is not worth restoring.  By eastern standards the
might be, very little it any rust.  Since the club has found out about them
and contacted him a couple of times this crusher material has become
valuable <G>.  What we found was a lot of earlies a 66 4 door a Greenbrier
or two and a Corvan all stored outside.  Nothing rare, no spyders, one
convertible which is a 63 with a smashed front. The Corvan does have a
beautiful roof rack.  In an somewhat inclosed shed there is a 62 4 door
with get this a Continental Kit.  It also has air but the compressor and
condenser are not installed.  When he belonged to our club a few years ago
this is the car he drove.  There is also a 61 rampside in this shed.

In his garage is a 69 sn 2406 (is it on the list?).  Coupe with a 4 speed
and a 140 emblem on the lid.  2 carb motor installed.  I couldn't clean off
the engine number to see if it is the original engine and someone changed
the heads, or a transplant.   He says it need an overhaul or a new motor.

We didn't talk prices on any of them, but I hear he wants $3,000 for the 62
4 door and $2,500 for the 69.

He'll never sell the outside stuff, he might get some of us to haul them
away for free.  I'd buy the 69 but not for that price, also Debbie would
probably shoot me.  I think the Continental Kit would look real good on
Alice <g>.

The guy who owns this stuff is an old gold miner.  Has a shaft on his
property.  Real interesting guy.  He has no phone, you have to leave a
message at a local store in town to get a hold of him.  His mining claim
has one of the best views I've ever seen.  He looks out over the San de
Cristo mountains way off in the distance.  I took more pictures of his view
than I did of his cars.   He also has a couple of Peugeots, probably mid to
late 60s..

Dennis