<VV> Turbo Setup

JVHRoberts@aol.com JVHRoberts@aol.com
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 15:43:47 EST

One HUGE correction, I missed it the first time around.
The waste gate bypasses the TURBINE side, NEVER the compressor side. This is,
BY FAR, the preferred method for controlling boost.
Some cars, especially those that are intercooled and have more boost, have a
blow off valve to prevent shocking the turbo when the throttle(s) slam shut,
and these are used ONLY on blow through designs. A necessity, otherwise you'll
try to shove the compressor wheel out the inlet, wrech the thrust bearings,
surge the thing to death, and all sorts of other ugly things.
Draw through setups don't need a blow off valve in any way.

In a message dated 11/21/2004 3:11:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,