<VV> LM Convertible Question

Les corvair@mts.net
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 22:05:51 -0600

OK, just looked up that number, and it definitely looks like the right items.

The description says "clips for sides" and "clips for rear".

In my bag of stuff I have 7 clips; they are all the smaller style pictured and I can't see any difference between them.

Hmmmmm....

Les
===========================
Message: 8
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 21:22:16 -0500
From: Marc Sheridan <sheridanma@adelphia.net>
To: Bob Gilbert <bgilbert@redshift.bc.ca>
CC: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> LM Convertible Question

Bob,
In the last order I got from Clarks, there was a flier in the envelope
announcing that they now have reproduction replacements. They are a bit
pricey, but as you have found out, used ones are almost impossible to
find. Also, be aware that there are two different sizes of clips used. I
didn't realize that until I saw the Clarks ad. When I took mine off, I
threw all the clips in a bag assuming they were all the same and I have
no idea which clips go where.

Try ordering C11670 instead of C3690. It comes up on their web site as a
full set of both size clips, including instructions, for $36. I'm
assuming they are available, since they come up on their web site with a
price. You would think, that when you entered "C3690", it would direct
you to the reproduction parts, but it doesn't.

Have any on you actually ordered the repro clips and gotten them?

Marc Sheridan
'66 Monza 'vert
Waverly, OH