<VV> Instrument Panel Lens

WadeHalsey hihal@adelphia.net
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 00:59:11 -0500

Western Canada CORSA wrote:
> I'll do ya one better Wade, if we're picking the collective groups mind on LM instrument lenses.
>
> Does anybody have any thoughts on the best way to go about having new lenses made?  Say for instance, you were Canadian and you wanted to put a metric speedo in, but keep the stock look.
>
> Regards,
> Joel

Hi Joel,

You might consider using the metric instrument face from a German car
with round instruments of about the same size as the Corvairs. I'll send
you a couple pictures of my project to use the instrument cluster from a
'79 Mercedes in a Monza dash. (Which reveals my need to convert a 4
cylinder tach for use in a 6 cylinder Corvair.

Wade