<VV> Instrument Panel Lens

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 01:09:27 EST

In a message dated 11/21/2004 9:28:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,
hmlinc@sbcglobal.net writes:

I'm  confused.  There WERE (for non US delivery) metric speedos.  This is
coming from a dusty spot in my cerebellum, so not afraid to admit to
possible error.  Later, JR

With the Metric (Kilometer, really) instrument panel, the speedometer -
which includes the odometer - was different as well as the lens. The actual
movement of the pointer might be correct if a miles speedo was used with  the
Metric (Zero to 200) lens. But the odo numbers had to successfully  count up the
kilometers driven, instead of miles. So the rotation drive was  different. I
brought one of these (1967 Speedometer/lens) back from Belgium  in 1976, just
sold it last year. - Seth