<VV> 63 Spyder Ignition Wiring

bmooers@farniente.com bmooers@farniente.com
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 08:56:36 -0800

I have a 63 Spyder recently out of storage. I have replaced plugs, wires,
cap, rotor, coil, condensor and the resistor located on the rear rail of
the body. When cranking the car over, a small puff of smoke arose from the
resistor - there was a light burning smell and the resistor was warm to
the touch.

The following wiring protocal was followed:
>From the rear harness at the distributor:
There are 5 wires:
Yellow to + Coil
Black to - Coil
2 Wires - Blue and Green to connector to engine
Brown to the left side of the resistor

A brown wire is connected from the right side of the resistor to the +
side of the Coil
A Black wire is connected from the distributor to the - side of the Coil.

Can anyone explain what may be happening here - is it wired correctly? The
engine has never been out of the car - all wires, connections are solid
and in excellent condition.

Thanks - Bruce
Bruce C. Mooers
National Director of Sales