<VV> Confusing Carbs

Richard Tyson the.tysons@comcast.net
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 19:59:58 -0800

Since the driving season is nearly over here in MN, I thought it might be a
good idea to take advantage of the winter season and rebuild the cards on my
110 hp '65 Monza.  To be honest I don't remember the history of the carbs
other than I installed them some 10-15 years ago.  The Monza has only seen a
few hundred miles over the past 10 years but I figured the carbs were overdue
for an overhaul.  When I disassembled the carbs I was surprised to find that
internally they were different.  The driver's side appears to have an
enrichment needle beneath the venturi cluster that is not present in the
passenger's side carb. Although the car has been driven very little, it always
starts easily and runs fine.  So, to my questions:  Should I attempt to get a
different carb to match the one with enrichment needle?  Are the left and
right carbs identical?  Should I just proceed with rebuilding the current
carbs?

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Rick T