<VV> Instrument panel lens, another reason to do it...

NicolCS@aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 01:43:11 EST

This metric speedo thread is interesting. Along a similar vein, I was
investigating re-lettering of the lower center instrument lens (fuel / vacuum) to
change the vacuum side to oil pressure markings.  Remember the Communique
tech-tip I did on the installation of an oil pressure gauge in place of the vacuum
gauge?  I was looking at silk-screen printing the lens with the correct marking,
but never progressed beyond the talking stage.  Anyone have a silkscreen
contact "up their sleeve"?  I watched an artist make one and use it. It was pretty
straightforward, as I recall. (though it always looks easy when an expert is
doing something)
Thoughts anyone???
Craig Nicol