<VV> 63 Spyder Ingnition

Jim Bannister jimster1@earthlink.net
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:32:24 -0800

Bruce,
What are the chances that the new points are gapped incorrectly and not
opening.  This would cause the coil to dray current 100% of the time which
might lead to the resistor getting hot.  Maybe it just burned off the
collected spider webs etc.
Jim B.  (Pertronix Fan)

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org [mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]
On Behalf Of bmooers@farniente.com
Sent: November 23, 2004 11:09 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> 63 Spyder Ingnition

Only received one reponse about puff of smoke  and burning smell from the
balast resistor on my 63 Spyder. Does anyone know why this may be
happening? I have replaced plugs, wires, points. condensor, coil, and
resistor. Wiring seems to be correct -
yellow to + coil, black to - coil, brown to resistor, brown from resistor
to + coil, condensor to + coil, black from Dist to - coil.

I have not started the car yet, just want to be sure everything is set
before doing so.

Thanks -Bruce
Bruce C. Mooers
National Director of Sales