<VV> 180 block for a late 140 eng

CORVAIR412@aol.com CORVAIR412@aol.com
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:10:53 EST

I took a 140 engine out  of a 1967 500 auto.   Not sure that it  should have
been there.     It seems the person who did work on  the 140 engine dropped a
bolt in the crank and cam area.  It got caught and  busted both sides of the
block. I have  a 180 block with out crank or  cam.  Can the case be used to
rebuild a 140 engine?  I would use the  heads of the 140 and rebore the jugs to
.20 or .30 and use a new cam and check  the crank.  Or would it be better to
take a 110 engine to do a  rebuild?                Dick Tetzloff
_Corvair412@aol.com_ (mailto:Corvair412@aol.com)