Subject: <VV> Brake bleeding terminology questions

Robert Hawley iamrgh@charter.net
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:15:35 -0500

Howdy Joel, Patiomatt and all  - OK, I'll bite.  I am no mechanical whiz,
but I am learning, so please help me out:  What is "bench bleeding" and how
is it done?  Is the procedure to ' "pre-adjust" the brakes' the same process
as just getting them to drag slightly before utilizing the self-adjusters
while driving in reverse to finalize the adjustment? TIA Robert Hawley (1963
Spyder convert)

> Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 21:03:36 -0800
> Did you bench bleed it first?  I had the same problem when I installed my
dual MC.  Going back to the bench for another shot at bench bleeding it did
the trick. Regards, Joel