<VV> RE: Bench bleeding (Update on Valvoline Syntec)

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:22:58 -0500

Update:
The bottle of Valvoline Syntec DOES say that it will damage finsihes.

However, the fluid has been on the Porsche for two hours now and I see no evidence of peeling or bubbling. I can see that it's soaked into the paint and
has changed the color slightly (paint is dirty, faded white and the Syntec is cleaning it... it's whiter when rubbed off.)

The DOT 5 (I still have one car left using it) doesn't appear to be having any significant effect either... but is also cleaning the paint like the Syntec.

Sorry, I don't have any old fashioned DOT 4 on the shelf (I always used Castrol GT/LMA) to do a three way comparison.

Will update again on my return!

Everyone have a great holiday!
Bill