<VV> RE: Remanufactured

RoboMan91324@aol.com RoboMan91324@aol.com
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 17:25:03 EST

I agree Steve,

Way back when, I worked for a company named RMP (Remanufactured Motors and
Parts) which was owned by FoMoCo.  I was in college and it was a summer job
where I floated to fill in non-skilled positions for people on vacation.  I
learned a little bit about a lot of things.  Among the remanufactured items were a
wide variety of Ford motors.  No blocks were resleeved, no crankshafts were
welded/ground to original spec.  Plenty were bored and ground.  If they were at a
point where they couldn't be bored or ground, they were scrap.  As I see it,
unless you have an extraordinarily rare block, crank or whatever, it is not
feasible to sleeve or weld up the unit.  A Vette nut (or other similar nut) may
want to maintain originality and take Herculean measures with his block but
not with most engines.  JMHO.

Doc
~~~~~~~~