<VV> RE: Bench bleeding

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 00:06:19 EST

In a message dated 11/24/2004 5:52:25 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ddpleau@earthlink.net writes:

> The air in my description is trapped in the front brake circuit bore of the
>
> master cylinder (usually the back towards the firewall).  When you bleed
> the back brakes, the piston went full travel in its bore because you were
> compressing air in the front brake circuit and air compresses and the front
> brake circuit did not stop the master cylinder travel while you were
> expelling the air in the rear circuits.  When you switched to the fronts
> after the backs were properly bleed, the hydraulics pressure of the back
> brakes stopped the piston movements in both font and rear circuits before
> they bottomed out.  Consequently some air is still in the front circuit
> bore of the master cylinder.  Since you will never be able to bottom the
> piston in the cylinder of the front circuit bore, you will never get all
> the air out resulting in a spongy pedal.

*
Now, I'm wrong about "remanufacturing"....don't know diddly about
CROUP......and AIR NO LONGER RISES thru the fill hole on the bottom of the reservoir?

Matt Mall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V
Somewhere between Reno, Nv.  and Coos Bay, Or.