<VV> Dual master cylinders and bench bleeding

Jim Simpson simpsonj@bellatlantic.net
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:27:06 -0500

I'm not sure about the exact origins of the master cylinder in my car ('66
Corsa converted to dual master), but I pulled it from a '69 that was being
junked.  Took the entire package -- bracket, lines, differential pressure
switch, etc. -- including the master cylinder.  This master has bleeder
screws right at the outlet ports!  I didn't have to fool with bench
bleeding or any other such nonsense -- just bleed it at the ports and got
all the air out of the master cylinder then when around and did the
wheels.  Worked just fine, even with DOT 5 brake fluid.

Now my question is, did any Corvair come with master cylinders with bleeder
screws?  Or is this an aftermarket replacement?  In any case, it works just
fine.

Jim Simpson, Group Corvair