<VV> Doors

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 19:55:24 -0800

At 08:17 hours 11/28/2004 -0800, Larry Forman wrote:
>At 03:48 AM 11/28/2004 -0800, Donald Manen wrote:
>>Are the front doors on a Lakewood and early 4-door car
>>interchangeable????
>>
>>Don Manen
>>Lakewood needing doors.
>
>Hi Don,
>It is my understanding that ALL the glass is quite different for the
>Lakewood versus the cars.  This is because the Lakewood is an inch or two
>taller re: headroom.  My bet is the answer is NO.
>-- Larry

It's worth a mention that the glass frames themselves will detach from the
doors.    If need be, I think the sedan car doors (later vintage 1960
through 1964) will bolt up to a Lakewood although you will have to swap out
the glass and regulators and of course the glass frame/channels.   Nuts and
bolts mostly, except for one spot on the frame which is brazed.

If I'm wrong, somebody correct me but I did check into this before, in case
I ever need a wagon door... and I did take an early coupe door and remove
the glass frame, glass,regulator etc and swap ragtop door parts etc and
made the coupe door work on a ragtop.    I would  think the same thing
would work on a wagon/sedan door adaptation if you can't find any wagon
doors.

Now:

If someone really wants some wagon parts, I know someone who has a couple
of parts wagons that may have useful doors.    ...just in case...  Larry,
e-mail me for info should the door situation not pan out.

tony..