<VV> lookalike wheel question (answer)

Rob Landers CorsaRob@charter.net
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:04:14 -0600

Just to give proper photo credit... I think the pic was provided to me by
Rick Loving.

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of NicolCS@aol.com
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 2:23 PM
To: ral1963@earthlink.net; virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> lookalike wheel question (answer)

The Hands wheel copy has been identified!
Thanks to: Rick, Rob, Mike, and Wade

Several have mentioned that Dan Gurney sold a "Hands-like" wheel, plus I
also
learned that the wheel was marketed under the Offenhauser name.  Another
knock-off was made by Western wheel but looked identical; these are the ones
used to purchase at low cost in the 70's.  Perhaps Western was the actual
maker
of the Gurney and Offy wheel?

Just for fun, here's a picture of both the Hands and Gurney wheels provided
by a Rob Landers:  (Hands on the left, Gurney/Offy/Western(?) on the right)
http://members.aol.com/nicolcs/handsoffygurneywheel/

Next step for me: Round up a set of these in 14", 5-bolt configuration.
Anyone have a set?
Thanks to all
Craig Nicol