<VV> west florida corvair club takes big hit

dan and cat blackcatrecords@cox.net
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 09:25:15 -0600

well i am sure you all know we got beat up down here in the pan handle.some
our members posted " doing well" but a few of our members have taken a huge
hit. most of you know "ed and june lindsay" I just got back from there home
near pensacola florida .there home and every thing in it was wiped out..
extensive flood damage.. not only did they have 4 feet of salty brine from the
sea in the whole house,but the garage and all there corvairs and vehicles were
completely submerged. 99.9 percent of eds vintage corvair memorabilia is
ruined. along with all of the club stores and club/car show related things
like the computer/copyer june uses for the clubs news letter. they dont have
any real electrical power or phone as of now.. it wont be on for at least 2-4
more weeks. they are safe and sound , just "a lot soggy". "howard and dottie
furr" live just up the road a few feet away and lost a lot also , with 2 feet
in there home. all of there cars and a lot of there property was destoryed
also. "gary and mary mierzwa" our v.p and secretary live close to them. and
are making ice and fuel runs to them  daily. i will going up again on thursday
to bring fresh clean clothes and more gas/ice and food stuff ect.
if you would like to get a hold of them . we have a few contact points

Ed & June lindsay
5670 san vair st
milton fl 32583

gary and mary mierzwa-vp/sec - wfcc 2004
850 994-5399

dan avallone - pres wfcc 2004
850 314-0846