<VV> Secondary carb sync on 140

Dennis Nichols dixiehwy25@yahoo.com
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:34:05 -0700 (PDT)

Clark's had a tip to start actuation at 1/4 throtle. I did this to my '66 Corsa and the performance improved noticeably and no loss of fuel economy. Hopwever my 140 had a '66 linkage with lockoutless carbs, like the '65. I had to come up with an ad hoc adjustment by looking at the '65 manual and '66 supplement. This wasn't really hard to deal with though, and I think the '66 spring linkages had a dampening effect that was great.

> What is the best procedure for syncing the secondary carbs on a 140? How
> much throttle should be given before the secondaries start to open?

"Every time a man gets in his car it should be a vacation"- Harley Earl

Dennis Nichols    CORSA, CKC

1961 Lakewood 700 98/3

Interested in wagons? lakewood700@yahoo.com