<VV> turbo

FrankCB@aol.com FrankCB@aol.com
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 14:52:59 EDT

Seth & Robert,
       Good info, but that excellent turbo reference book is by Hugh MacInnes
and can also be titled simply "Turbochargers" (as in the HP Books edition
that I have).  MacInnes also gives the compressor map for the Rayjay 300F turbo
that is stock on the 180 Corsa.  He also has detailed engineering drawings for
the 300F, a clear example of using the compressor map to calculate
efficiencies/air flow rates if you make changes, and an entire chapter on Water Injection
with a picture of Tom "They may be unsafe at some speed, I've only been to
170 mph" Keosababian's Bonneville record setting Corvair.
       What more could you ask for?
       Frank "old but still good" Burkhard