<VV> Re: torque specs

Frog Princezz media_diva@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 21:54:00 -0700 (PDT)

Jim,
I don't know what the heck you're talking about because it's all greek to me.  But I looked in my book, yeah I'm a newbie with a book or two, and looked up a specs chart.  Hope this helps if not, oh well I tried.

All models - all years -
Cylinder head bolts 27-33 ft. lbs
Rod bearing bolts 20-26 ft. lbs
Main bearing bolts 42-48 ft. lbs
Crankshaft balancer bolt 60-80 ft. lbs.
Flywheel to chankshaft bolts 20-30 ft lbs (all 1960-64 = 20-30 ft. lbs., same dor 1965-69 powerglide models. 1965-69 standard transmission models = 40-50 ft. lbs.)
Manifold: intake - none    /   exhaust 12-27 ft. lbs

Alesia

Jim wrote>
An now for my Corvair question: What is the torque spec for the nuts
that hold the upper control arm cross shaft to the front crossmember
for
a '66 Monza?  I don't see a figure anywhere in the shop manual.

Thanks,

Jim McLott