<VV> Re:Royal Plum

Gary Swiatowy mopar@jbcs2.net
Sat, 2 Oct 2004 08:08:38 -0400

Yes The Corvair Decade Lists it as a color, and my 67 which I purchased in
1978 was that color with only 28,000 miles.
When I dis-assembled the car to paint it a different color, there was
absolutely no trace of any other color under any of the trim, door panels,
rubber moulding, insulation.........nothing.
I do find it very hard to beleive it was only listed as a Camaro Color. I
also know pretty much the history of Bob Kurnetta's car and I do not beleive
that is a color change.
It's been awhile since I've seen the Plum Impala, but was not looking at it
in that way.

Gary Swiatowy

> Subject: Re: <VV> RE:Royal Plum
> To: Yenko119@aol.com, Virtualvairs@corvair.org
>
> In a message dated 10/1/2004 3:27:53 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
> Yenko119@aol.com writes:
>
> Royal Plum Metallic was only available from the factory on Camaro and
> Firebird (Plum Mist Metallic) in 1967 only!
>
> The color code was "M" and on the Camaro represented 3.4% of the paint
> applications in 1967.
> Bill,  - - -Tony Fiore's book "The Corvair Decade" page 141, lists Royal
Plum