<VV> 63 Spyder Out of Storage

bmooers@farniente.com bmooers@farniente.com
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:35:51 -0700

I recently purchased a 63 Spyder Conv with 28k documented miles on it. The
car has not been started for several years but is completely rust free and
was in dry storage. I have changed the oil, filter, plugs, wires, rotor,
cap, points, and fuel filter. I have also drained and flushed the gas tank
and added a new sending unit. The car turns over - but there is no spark.
Should I replace the coil and condenser? Also - during the cranking a
significant amount of gas ran out the side (by the air filter) of the carb
- is this normal for a non starting turbo after several cranks? Or do I
need to rebuild the carb?
Bruce C. Mooers
National Director of Sales
Far Niente