<VV> Motor specs

Sadek Charles H DLVA SadekCH@NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 10:56:14 -0400

Do go to Matt's web site.  Depends on how much hp you want and how much you
want to spend. VW rods with appropriate pistons can be used with various
cylinder sizes.  Once you leave Corvair cylinders, you incur machining
charges in excess of using Corvair "stuff".  Biggest improvement for least
bucks is to open up exhaust ports/stacks.

Good Luck

Chuck S
BoHunkBrosRacing Tm

-----Original Message-----
From: UltraMonzaWest@aol.com [mailto:UltraMonzaWest@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 12:47 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Motor specs

In a message dated 10/5/2004 5:34:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
TAMR3813@att.net writes:

> Dose any one have the bore size and recommend connecting rods for a 67
> motor.  Also can VW pistons and rods fit into the stock motor or dose it
have to
> be bored out.  Just looking for some info on ways to build more power out
of
> a Corvair motor because were drooping it to fully rebuild it and wondering

> how to make more power out if them.
>
> Drew
> Irongrave Customs

Go to my website......Tech papers........you'll see a chart with eve
possible
combo around...   http://members.aol.com/patiomatt/

It's common to use VW 94mm  barrels ...but the work is extensive for
clearances as well as  boring the cases / heads to accept the  larger
barrels...
Several of our shops do it for a price!  $1200  plus......your good heads
and
cases...you assemble..

Vair rods are  adequate for all but the highest HP  engines....300 hp
plus...

Matt