<VV> Is this a common failure? Seems odd to me.

Macdonald David dmacd_us@yahoo.com
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 17:07:35 -0700 (PDT)

I started driving the Corsa on my daily commute this
week.
Various problems have started to shake out:
Bad speedometer cable.
Original coil was not up to starting with even the
slightest moisture.

But when I went to leave the office today I noticed
the camber way of on the passenger side. When I looked
underneath I found that the strut mount bolts to the
transaxle had come out. Front bolt was still there
held by the clutch spring and the back one was gone.

I thought that I had, perhaps forgotten to torque them
down, but a closer inspection showed that both of the
top bolt holes were stripped. I used a torque wrench
to put them in. I don't recall the setting but it was
likely 40 ft-lbs.

Seems odd to have this happen with no warning. Anyone
seen this before?

David
'65 Corsa 140 Coupe
124,000 miles '65 through '74