<VV> dead cam/rod bearings

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 11:19:07 EDT

In a message dated 10/10/2004 6:25:55 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
s10birdman1966@yahoo.com writes:

> Just honing/re-ringing the "63 won't last long,either..you can either do it
> right,or do it twice..take Murphy's law out of the picture,you'll be saving
> money in the long run !!   Tom

**

Tom,  The 63 has been running fine...just pumping oil......Geoff checked the
ringlands / grooves....the engine should continue to run for a long time!

When calculating the $$ per Mile.......overhauls are a far better deal...AND
the engine, if in the identical configuration as the rebuild, will put out
more HP,  get better mileage sooner...

The  8,000  mile rebuild was done "right"...as anyone who's met Geoff and his
sister can see...

Those of us that have multiple driver Vairs, know that the "odds"  are in our
favor. GGGG

1966  vert with 18k  on the car since I rescued it...1st junk engine was
removed after 13k  because it was an FC  block and a friend needed it!   Current
engine can be viewed at http://members.aol.com/patiomatt    Cheap Corvair
Feature

As far as performance...My Speedskater with a $200  powerpack...never touched
inside [ even left the leaker PR  tube seals......ragged fanbelt]....placed
2nd at Flaggstaff in Class 5 [  LeVeque , Coburn, etc ]   and they're fast
company!

Matt,  who's NEVER rebuilt ANY  engine..