<VV> EUM---???

Hank Kaczmarek kaczmarek@charter.net
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 14:00:37 -0400

Good afternoon everyone.

I hope that everyone is enjoying their weekend.

To Answer the Question----DOES THE EUM RUN???

Yes, It Runs.

To answer another---ARE YOU DRIVING IT???

Yes, I drove it today.

To distill it down, After a couple bouts of kidney stones, and 2 weeks off
with several nasty oral abcesses, Eric finished the rebuild on the EUM Engine.
We installed it yesterday, and took her out today.

Still have a couple of nagging problems.

1st, although the engine seems to run well, I think there is still some bugs
in the carbs. you can adjust the idle screws in till they hit the stop, but
the engine keeps running. And on driving it, it acts like it's trying to "Load
UP", like there is a lot of fuel dumping in all at once.   And These carbs
were gone through by BOTH southern Carbmeisters. But I can't do anymore
driving to see because..

And this pisses me off some.  Although the car was back in group red for less
than 90 days, the rear shocks were frozen in place. (No, I didn't have the
tires on the car while it was up in the air)

THESE SHOCKS WERE NEW---they have less than 200 miles on them. OTOH, I had a
car on jacks for 2 years and the shocks didn't freeze up.  I have seen it
happen before, Eric said he hadn't in 24 years of Corvair fun. One of the
shocks broke loose after driving about 15 miles. The other did not. And I had
all 300+ lbs of me standing on the rear fender and rocking the shock when I
got the car back to the house.

Now I am sure that the vendor who sold me the shocks will take care of them.
However, can anyone tell me if their FLAPS has something I can put on there so
I can drive the car some more and figure out what's what???

HANK