<VV> FC quarter panels needed

Bruce Schug bwschug@charter.net
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 16:21:17 -0400

Kevin Whitaker, owner of Kevin Whitaker Chevrolet and Kevin Whitaker
Chevrolet, Cadillac, in Greenville, South Carolina, has been kind
enough to give CORSA South Carolina generous sponsorship of our recent
autocross, Corvairs in the Curves. He also purchased a full-page
advertisement in our newsletter, which will be of great financial
benefit to our club. Kevin actually owns two Corvairs, including a
Rampside he purchased from one of our members. Kevin is interested in
restoring this Rampside. To do so, he is in need of some good rear
quarter panels for it. This is where we come in.

As a target market, out thirty-five members hardly warrant the funds he
gave us. If we are to be of any benefit to him, it will be in helping
him with this restoration, by finding these quarter panels for him. I'm
not very knowledgeable on FC's, but Kevin seems to think that the
Rampside quarter panels are the same as Greenbriers. I'm not sure if he
needs both of them or just one, but, as I understand it, he needs the
lower, rear panel, behind the rear wheel well. It would be great to
find some NOS panels that have been stashed away in some barn. I doubt
that this will happen. What is more likely is to find  some good
rust-free panels that can be cut from a body. I have no idea what such
panels would be worth, but I'm sure he would pay a fair price for them.

If you know of the existence of such panels please contact me. Please
do not contact Kevin directly, as I want to remain in the loop on this
issue, to see that it happens in a manner that is satisfactory to
Kevin, to maintain our relationship with him.

Thank you,

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
CORSA South Carolina