<VV> Re: New '69 Camaro body / old VIN? no Corvair

airvair airvair@richnet.net
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:24:18 -0400

Thank you for giving me an answer to all those who've reacted harshly
over the years to me doing exactly that with my '69 Corsa. I used a '69
500 shell from the California desert, and put everything else off the
original car (VIN'd drive train, interior, etc.) into the new "body
part" including moving the VIN plate and restamping the secret serial
numbers. Not like I'm going to hide that fact, but every so often
somebody insists it is "still" a 500, etc.

So to all those naysayers, BITE ME!

BTW it also has a '66 Corsa VIN(#3955) in back, complete with rosette
rivets, just for good measure. And a good laugh. (G)

-Mark C (owner of #3485, a '69 Corsa!)