<VV> starter issues

Joel McGregor joelsplace@earthling.net
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 1:46:41 +0000

Sounds like the starter needs bushings.  When the bushings wear out the starter won't have any power.  Any starter shop can replace them for you.  It is possible that the windings are bad but they can test that for you.  If the ignition switch or wire has high resistance then it can cause the starter to not work since the voltage at the start terminal is too low for the solenoid to work.
Joel