<VV> Stock is - Painted Valve Covers?

kovacsmj kovacsmj@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:36:21 -0400

I have two '69s and I can guarantee mine were not black. I paint them
black as it helps the oil heat transfer. Also a black oil pan will do
the same.

Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org] On Behalf Of Par429@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 7:52 AM
To: VirtualVairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Stock is - Painted Valve Covers?

Hi-
    Sorry if this question has been answered a million times before, but
the archives are locking up my browser.  Were the valve covers
originally painted from the factory?  I am asking mostly about '69s but
I would like to know in general also.  I met an ex-Corvair owner who
assures me that they were painted black by the factory.  I was under the
impression that they were not originally painted, but I'm not sure where
I got that idea. If I'm wrong, I'll just blame VV!

Thanks,
Phil Richardson
Some '69's
President, Group Corvair