<VV> 140/smoke

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:06:51 -0400

Specification for 1966 140hp AC-44FF is 0.30, not 0.35, which is for
AC-46FF. I'd recommend regapping, as a first step.
     Would you be good enough to include your (first and last) name in your
posts, RKAT? This is a published rule of this forum. Thanks.
     In some cases, the YEAR of your vehicle/engine can make a difference in
things like specifications, too.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of RKAT
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 6:43 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> 140/smoke

I haven't had ANY smoke coming out of my 140. I changed the plugs with
AC 44f, that's what was in it. Installed the Magwire plug wires.  Now,
when I rev it up, I get blue smoke out the pass. Side. Had none before.
The old plugs were gapped between 25 and 32 thousandths... New ones were
installed with the shop manuals recommended 35. Any input? Thanks!!