<VV> Stock is - Painted Valve Covers?

Rusty Rose vairboy2001@yahoo.com
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:08:18 -0700 (PDT)

When I was doing research for my '69 project, I found
(like others have said) that the finish on the valve
covers were an unpainted, fairly crummy and cheap cad
plating.  But the story didn't end there...

I also found some (different sources) to say that they
had seen some NOS valve covers that they believed were
painted factory "Chevy orange" new, and may have made
it onto some '69s.

Further investigation leads me to believe that while
orange valve covers were never officially offered on
new Corvairs, they did indeed exist.  One of out local
NTCA club guys has several "never un-crated" Corvair
crate engines that you can clearly see the orange
covers on.  The consensus we finally came to was that
some late crate engines and over-the-counter valve
covers were orange.  If that is true, I wouldn't be
floored if a set made it onto a '69 somewhere along
the way.<?>

Rusty Rose
CORSA, NTCA, VV, Air Vair
'64 Spyder 140/4 cpe w/AC
'65 Monza 110/PG cpe w/AC
'69 140/4 Vert project

----------------------------
Subject: <VV> Stock is - Painted Valve Covers?

<snip>
Were the valve covers
originally painted from the factory?  I am asking
mostly about '69s but I
would like to know in general also.
<snip>

=====