<VV> AR 15 Motor Oil / Old car engine realities

Joel McGregor joelsplace@earthling.net
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 17:43:08 -0500

I run Mobil1 5w-30 in mine and it works great.

Joel in Keller, TX (DFW area)
'66 Corsa w/air
'63 Greenbrier 4spd
'63 Greenbrier 8dr 4spd "Bob"
'63 900 Convertible 4spd
'67 Monza 4spd Posi
'62 Monza Wagon PG
15 others

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org [mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]
On Behalf Of HallGrenn@aol.com
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 3:03 PM
To: carmerjr@mindspring.com; virtualvairs@corvair.org
Cc: hyarnell1@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: <VV> AR 15 Motor Oil / Old car engine realities

I'll second Chuch Armer's comments.  Motor Oil can be like religion.  If
your
faith hasn't been broken you stick with what you know works.  (No I am not
proselytizing).  I use the new oils knowing they are more durable
(especially
the multiweights) than what I put into my first corvair 40 years ago.  But I
do
use synthethics now in the water pumpers my family uses and will probably
use
them in the future in the Corvairs.  I still like a 40 weight racing for the

summer, a 30 weight in the late spring and early fall and 10W-30 for winter
(note: in the spring and fall the cars are driven on the weekends for long
periods so water condensation isn't a problem)--but thats just me.  Most
people will
be ok with today's 10W-30 if they aren't racing (legally or not).

Has anybody had good results with Mobil 1 15W-50?

Bob Hall